College Writing Two
Over the course of my
college writing two journey, I was introduced to a whole new variety of skills.
However, the two skills that really resonated with me were rhetorical knowledge
and critical and creative thinking. Rhetorical knowledge has taught me how to articulate complex thoughts, How to work with and balance ethos, pathos, and logos, as well as how to use sources appropriately. Critical and creative thinking, on the other hand has allowed me to look closely and complexly at an issue as well as draw and create reasonable inferences. I can also analyze one's sources analytically & discover reasonable claims emerging from them as well as consider new or unusual perspectives.
I really think these ideas stuck with me
because while trying to understand and apply these skills I often found myself
fighting with them; not wanting to put in the full effort to conquer them. I feel
like while I didn’t want to do a lot of the work or put in the true efforts
deep down I really enjoyed it. Why? One, I love to write and learn new
complexities so, when rhetorical knowledge was introduced I secretly fell in
love with ethos, pathos, and logos. Now while I enjoyed working to improve this
skill it doesn’t mean it was easy. For instance, during the semester of fall
2017, in my college writing two class I had to write two papers analyzing other’s
work to come up with an idea or an opinion of what I thought the author was
trying to convey and who they were trying to appeal to while using ethos,
pathos, and logos. The most interesting one to me was file:///C:/Users/Shae/Downloads/RAD.docx.pdf, i was able to practice and advance my skill. Two, I feel like these skills overlap in a lot of ways. One being
that in order to really analyze someone’s work you have to take in their
creative writing style choice and their intended audiences. When taking those
things into consideration it allows for a better argument of the ideas and a
stronger argument of the appeals.
Comments
Post a Comment